Carob & Coconut Bliss Balls – The Perfect Night Time Treat!
The trick with night time treats is to minimise stimulants as much as possible. This means avoiding refined sugars, caffeine and processed carbohydrates two hours before bed.
These special little Carob & Coconut Bliss Balls created by Jordanna Levin tick all the boxes. With less than one date per serve, plenty of good fats to slow the release of glucose, carob powder (caffeine free) and our special Activated Charcoal Sleep Supplement you’ve got yourself a fudgy treat without the interrupted sleep.
The Goodnight Co. Deep Sleep - Activated Charcoal Sleep Supplement is a boon to sleeping well. It's packed with amino acids glycine, tryptophan and theanine, as well as vitamins B2 and B3, inositol, vanilla, melatonin and charcoal. This combination is scientifically recognised to support sleep and relaxation, perfect for those who are experiencing sleep difficulties due to stress, anxiety and lifestyle influences. The addition of activated charcoal helps promote and support a natural, detoxifying sleep by assisting the body to flush toxins and chemicals,. The body does its best detoxing at night!
Carob & Coconut Bliss Balls
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoon The Goodnight Co. Deep Sleep - Activated Charcoal
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place medjool dates in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Add almond meal, half of the coconut, the carob powder and the charcoal supplement and process until combined.
- Add the cashew butter and coconut oil and process until mixture comes together.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in the remaining coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe comes from our Sleep Cleanse eBook, which is bursting with tips, recipes and inspiration for overhauling your relationship with sleep.