The wonderful Jordanna Levin is back with one of her favourite recipes: Her lunar-inspired lavender bliss balls. These will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but the lavender helps calm and relax you before bed.
Lavender, Blueberry & Coconut Bliss Balls
- 1 cup of medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups of blanched almond meal
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup of blueberry powder (Jordanna uses Blackmores)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-4 drops of food-grade lavender essential oil
- Place the dates in a food processor and process until they form a paste.
- Add the almond meal, coconut and blueberry powder and process until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the coconut oil and process until the mixture becomes a rollable texture. Test it with your fingers. If it’s too dry add extra coconut oil. If it’s too wet and oily add extra almond meal.
- Once you reach the desired consistency add the lavender oil one drop at a time. Process in between drops and taste as you go. It’s easy to go overboard and ruin the mix.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in extra coconut to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. These taste better the next day.
Note: When using lavender essential oil make sure it’s food grade. Jordanna uses DoTerra.
Looking for more recipes that feature lavender? Check out The Remedy Kitchen’s Chewy Lavender Biscuits.