This winter keeping our immunity fighting fit is more of a priority than ever. On our first episode of our NEW podcast, The Goodnight Show, we were lucky enough to have a chat to Lisa Campbell. Lisa is an award winning producer, casting director, mother of three and wife of TV presenter, David Campbell.
Along with sharing her top sleep routine tips, Lisa also shares her Red Lentil and Lemon Immunity Boosting Soup. This recipe is high in protein to help the immune system and is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as B vitamins, which boosts immunity and help with digestion. Vegetables such as carrots and onion have vitamins C and K, as well as loads of antioxidants and minerals.
Red Lentil Soup
2 carrots (diced)
2 onions (diced)
3 cloves garlic
2 cups red lentils
2 litres vegetable stock
1 large tbs tomato paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbs olive oil
Coriander and chill flakes to garnish
- Add olive oil into large pot on medium heat.
- Add carrot and onion. Slightly bring down heat and stir for 10 mins.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add tomato paste and stir.
- Add stock and red lentils. Bring to simmer and partially cover for 30 minutes.
- Add juice of lemon and stir.
- Serve in a bowl. Top with coriander and chilli flakes (optional).