Nadia Felsch is a nutritionist-to-be, wholefoods expert and magazine columnist, whose blog is bursting with knowledge and amazing recipes. Her passion is creating healthy quick meals to guide busy women to ‘eating freedom’. Not only does she share speedy and nourishing recipes, she also runs an online program Path to Wholefoods, and a recipe and meal planning portal Wholefood Society Online, both designed to help you achieve eating freedom. Plus, Nadia creates Wholefood Society healthy baking mixes that are grain and gluten free, and delicious to boot!
We’re so excited to share this fresh summer recipe with you. It’s the perfect light dinner! Not only will this recipe satisfy your mango cravings (hello, summer!), but it may also help you sleep better at night. Chicken is high in the amino acid tryptophan, which is needed by the body to produce serotonin (aka the chemical that regulates mood and your sleep cycle).
Raw vegetables mostly provide us with more nutrition than their cooked counterparts, but that’s not my main motivation – time is. This recipe is perfect for summer BBQ’s, picnics or entertaining – it’s ready in no time at all and is seriously tasty.
Asian Shredded Chicken + Mango Salad
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 15 min
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 bunch coriander, roots only
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ chilli, deseeded
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only
- ½ Chinese cabbage
- ½ carrot
- ¼ red onion
- 2 mangoes
- ½ bunch fresh mint
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Cover chicken in a large saucepan with cold water.
- Add coriander roots, garlic, chilli and lemongrass.
- Bring to the boil over high heat.
- Once boiled, reduce to medium and cook through for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave for a few minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Whilst chicken is cooking, finely chop cabbage, carrot and onion.
- Slice mango and add with vegetables to a large salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients together.
- Add the shredded chicken to the salad, tear in fresh herbs and dress well.
- Top with sesame seeds to serve.
Browse our Sleep Eats recipes to nourish your body and rest easy.