The trick with night time treats is to minimise stimulants as much as possible. This means avoiding refined sugars, caffeine and processed carbohydrates two hours before bed.
These special little Carob & Coconut Bliss Balls created by Jordanna Levin tick all the boxes. With less than one date per serve, plenty of good fats to slow the release of glucose, and carob powder (caffeine free), you’ve got yourself a fudgy treat without the interrupted sleep.
Carob & Coconut Bliss Balls
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place medjool dates in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Add almond meal, half of the coconut, the carob powder and the charcoal supplement and process until combined.
- Add the cashew butter and coconut oil and process until mixture comes together.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in the remaining coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.